If you want to keep stainless steel cookware for a long time, you should observe some rules of care:
- After purchase, wash the dishes in warm water with a gentle cleanser and dry with a towel.
- Add salt only to boiling water. This will prevent the formation of white spots on the bottom of the pan.
- Staining and calcareous plaque can easily be removed with a solution of citric acid or vinegar.
- If the food remains stuck to the dishes, you should soak them in hot water, then remove with a soft sponge.
- Do not use metal scourers, hard objects and abrasive cleaners for cleaning.
- Do not cool the dishes from stainless steel by artificial means. It is better to let it cool down on its own.
- Do not store cooked dishes in a bowl. Sour and salty foods can spoil the internal appearance of products.
The rules of care for stainless cookware: washing in a dishwasher
If you are accustomed to using the dishwasher, do not forget to make sure that the dishes are placed with the handles down into the cells suitable for it.
The correct dosage of the detergent and the temperature regime significantly contribute to the effective cleaning of all objects.
After washing dishes from stainless steel should be immediately get to the fact that under the influence of moisture on it, spots and bluish divorces do not form.
Despite the fact that the use of a dishwasher is not prohibited, it is better to wash the products by hand using a soft sponge.
How to care for stainless steel cookware with non-stick coating
Before using, lubricate the inside of the dishes with a small amount of vegetable oil.
Do not overheat the empty dishes on the stove, and make sure that the diameter of the burner does not exceed the dimensions of the bottom of the product.
It is not advisable to place the dishes on a strongly heated surface. It is better to use gradual heating: from weak fire to medium heat.
It is also not advisable to use metal objects during cooking. The best choice will be silicone scapula.
Stainless steel is considered one of the most high-quality materials for the production of dishes. It is characterized by resistance to acids and corrosion. And if you know how to take care of stainless steel utensils, it will last much longer, while retaining an attractive appearance.
Image credit: cocoparisienne