When you have decided to build a house there are two basic kinds of homes. First is a custom house and the second is semi-custom home. A custom home is a kind of property that is designed and built for a particular client. For building this property you will need to buy a piece of land and then get an architect and a home builder to build the house. While building this type of home you are required to make several decisions and spend a lot of time and research to build the house which will meet your needs.
A semi-custom house is a home where the house layout is basically predetermined by the semi-custom home builder. It means the buyer cannot alter the home layout but he will able to have a say in deciding some features including some floor covering and types of cabinets. The semi-custom home builder provides you a pre-designed kind of a house and its floor plans. You are asked to select the one that fits your preference the best. You can select the products and other features according to a budget set by the semi-custom home builder. In the event, you choose some product that costs more than the established amount you will be required to pay for the difference amount from your pockets.
- You as the owner of the house will have complete control over the quality and function of the new house.
- All these homes will have a unique design and they are built for your needs.
- All the products and features in the house will be selected by you.
- The functionality and quality of the house depending on your choice.
- Developing a custom home might prove to be costly if you have opted for quality products and exclusive features.
- If you don’t have an architect you will need to consider extra costs.
- It is more complex to build a proper custom house and it needs more time.
- This may prove to be more difficult to finance the house.
- This kind of property reduces in value quicker than the conventional one.
- You will get a home which is in conformance with your needs without the hustle related to development.
- The cost associated with finishing per square foot is lesser than in the case of custom homes.
- You will have the opportunity to select features and products within a budget. You can design the house as per your requirements and stay within the budget.
- Many people feel safe to build a house that comes with a pre-designed style and flooring plan.
- When you are working within a set budget you will be forced to sacrifice on housing styles and products.
- The functionality and quality of the house will also be compromised.
- Any modifications in the building will force you to spend more money than what was actually expected after discussion with the semi-custom home builder.
There are pros and cons associated with both types of homes but it is more significant to consider your specifications while selecting a semi-custom home builder. You will need to consider various things while selecting the home builder such as whether the uniqueness of the house fits your budget, you have a sufficient amount of time for completing the project. Vitale Homes will help you decide the type of home you want to build.