Summer is knocking at the door and almost everybody is eagerly looking forward to sunnier days with longer hours of sunlight a welcome break from the long spell of harsh and cold weather. Summertime means lounging on the patio, holding a daytime party, and having a splash in the garden pool which eventually leads to your clothes, furniture, furniture upholsteries, curtains, and carpets taking on stains. There is nothing abnormal or bizarre with different areas in your home and the fixtures or appliances installed inside getting blemished with markings and stains.
The only thing that sticks out and makes you feel uncomfortable is the messiness. Nevertheless, there are some handy home cleaning tips and tricks that you easily follow in order to make your home look perfectly spic and span like it did earlier. Just abide by the general tips for doing away with any and all types of stains, blots, and marks:-
- Before you start using a cleansing solution or cleaning agent, make it a habit of testing out the effectiveness of the same by applying it on a tiny speck of stain. By experimenting you’ll be able to figure out the efficacy of the cleaning solution as well as establish if there are any side effects.
- Don’t use rapid and aggressive strokes while cleaning but rather begin mildly and slowly and gradually intensify your wiping or rubbings. Being forceful right from the start could lead to discoloration or irreparable damage to the stained areas.
- Ensure to air dry thoroughly in between cleansing treatments as some kinds of stains tend to resurface when the surface dries up
- One home cleaning tip that you need to keep in mind is to never concoct two stain removers and cleaners as it could be hazardous from the viewpoint of your health. For instance, never mix ammonia with chlorine bleach as the blending produces fumes that are very toxic
- Be extremely careful while using a steaming hot iron for eradicating a stain as the result could be disastrous the stain might set in more deeply
- If you do not feel confident about your DIY job, do not hesitate to get in touch with a professional cleaning service
Depending on the chemistry of the blotch, you can use a particular cleaning solution but the treatment technique comprises of the 4 usual steps mentioned hereunder:-
- Immediately try to remove as much as of the stain as possible by scrubbing with a clean and dry white cloth rag or paper towel. If the stain has set in, get hold of a spoon or knife that is smeared with some butter for scraping away the blot. Rehydrate the affected area by throwing droplets of cold water over it.
- Use a cleansing agent like ketchup or mustard for squirting, mopping or daubing the stain. Thereafter, use a fresh paper towel or a piece of clean cloth for blotting the area dry. Use the cloth piece repeatedly for scraping the area until and unless you see that the rag is not being pockmarked with stains.
- Allow the affected areas to air dry as much as possible and try using natural home cleaning solutions as much as you can before you graduate to using commercial cleansers. Remember store-bought cleaning solutions are remarkably corrosive and applying the same improperly could do more harm than good
- Once you get rid of a stain, make sure that you completely wash away all traces of the cleaning agent and let the surface dry
You can use ketchup, mustard, fruity drinks, popsicles, beer, blood, ice-cream, chocolates, and beer for obliterating stains.
Image Source: Alexas_Fotos