Preparing the cleaning agents at home has a number of benefits. The first among such benefits is that almost all the ingredients which are needed for making the cleaners are available at home only. Second, it saves money. Third, they cause no harm unlike the chemicals cleaners that are purchased. Mentioned below are some of the green home cleaning products and their benefits:
- Baking soda- Baking soda is another amazing product for green home cleaning. Though it has a number of uses, we shall discuss here its use in cleaning carpets. Half cup of baking soda should be mixed with a cup full of borax and a cup of cornmeal. The mixture should be sprinkled on the rug and rubbed with a piece of cloth. The mixture should be allowed to stand for a night and vacuumed following that.
- White vinegar- White vinegar is a multipurpose cleaner and it is something that can be used for almost every purpose while cleaning home. This eco friendly product can be used in cleaning almost everything ranging across the countertops in kitchen and bathroom and other surfaces of home, including walls. An amazing cleaner can be made using 2 tablespoons white vinegar with 1 teaspoons borax in 16 oz. spraying bottle. The rest part of the bottle should be filled with hot water. The mixture should be shaken well till the borax mixes well. In the end, add one-fourth cup liquid castile soap.
- Hydrogen peroxide- Hydrogen peroxide that has three percent concentration can be used as a bleaching agent that is non toxic in nature. It can remove stains alongside being a very effective disinfectant. Hydrogen peroxide can also effective remove moulds. To prepare a mould remover, half a cup of hydrogen peroxide should be added to a cup full of water. The liquid mixture should be sprayed on the mold and should not be rinsed immediately. Hydrogen peroxide in the mixture can also be removed with white vinegar in the same quantity.
- Liquid castile soap- It is also a multipurpose green home cleaning product, disinfectant, and grease-cutter. The term ‘castile’ suggests that it is based on vegetable fat. Castile soap can also be used in the cleaning of carpets, for treating the hard stains on it. One-third cup water and one-fourth cup liquid castile soap should be mixed in blender unless foamy. The mixture should be allowed to stand for few minutes following which the stained area should be scrubbed.
- Lemon juice- Lemon juice is non-toxic bleach with a pleasant smell. This green home cleaning product is also an effective stain remover besides being a grease-cutter. A mixture can be prepared with one-fourth cup liquid castile soap and half a cup lemon juice, added to two gallons warm water. Clean the floor using a mop.
- Club soda- Club soda is both a polisher and a stain removing agent. This natural green home cleaning product can be used to make windows shine, taking it simply in spray bottle or mixing it with 1 teaspoon lemon juice for more effective degreasing.